|Cincinnati.com, May 26, 2014|
The house on the left above is 425 Arch Street. The building was actually constructed around 1870 after the lot was purchased by Henry Werry from Laura Wiggins. See the 2nd Series Index below from the Hamilton County Recorder.
|Jacob Guelich had purchased Lots 10, 11 and 12 from the United States, who was the owner of this subdivision.|
|1887 Sanborn Insurance Map - Source|
The buildings outlined are 421, 423 and 425 Arch Street from left to right.
|1870 United States Census, showing the Werry and Guelich families living at 425 and 429 Arch Street.|
|423 Arch Street, by Bob Schwartz|
The Cincinnati Daily Enquirer; Sept. 9, 1871; pg. 3
Cincinnati Enquirer; Dec 9, 1891; pg. 4
|1904-1930 Sanborn Insurance Map - Source|
Some interesting features here include the University Club, 2nd District Police Station (1910), Guilford Public School (1912) and the Cincinnati Museum of Natural History (present day site of parking garage). The former carriage house at 421 Arch Street is marked as a private garage.
|421 Arch Street, by Bob Schwartz|
One last bit of information on Arch Street. Why is it named Arch Street? Here is an explanation from 1961.
|Cincinnati Post & Times-Star; Sept. 20, 1961; p. 21|